I get a lot of questions on what I use to keep my hair moisturized. I have made a list of the products I use on a regular or daily basis.
- There is no better hydrator than water. Don't be shy, your hair loves it!
*Tip: I use a (water + aloe vera juice) spritzer to moisturize between washes
2. Coconut Oil
- I use coconut oil daily because it is a light oil and a natural anti-humectant
- Light oil and virtually odorless. Great for your hair and scalp. This oil is closest to your scalp's natural sebum. I use it in any butter mixture I make
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a great treatment for your hair. It can be used as a pre-poo, a hot oil treatment, and for dry thick hair it can be applied directly to hair for moisture (EVOO is very heavy so use in moderation)
- It is a natural emollient and anti-humectant. A thick butter with a nutty scent that I mainly use as a base for my cream mixtures
- I use this sparingly as an on-the-go cream. Its a more heavy cream (greasy) and smells like mint. It gives a great shine
- The ingredients in this cream are awesome. I use it at least twice a week at night. It has an overwhelming scent of frankincense and myrrh.