Here is a video of my one year transition.
Tips For Transitioners
- Do what is comfortable for you!
- You can choose to do the Big Chop (BC) or you can stretch it out
- Realize it takes patience and a lot of trial and error
- Get to know your hair and don't be discouraged if the method Kesha uses does not make your hair look like hers!
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize!
- The point where your natural hair and relaxed hair meets is very fragile, so treat it with care
- Water=Moisture! Forget what you heard. Water is good for you hair. Keep it clean
- Wear protective styles
- Deep condition at least once a month
- Use your favorite conditioner and cover with a shower cap and sit under a dryer for approx 20 min
- Detangle with conditioner in wet hair
- Invest in a Detangling comb/brush
- Denman brush works great for some
- wide tooth comb
- Find products that work with your hair (I personally prefer all natural products/sulfate free)
- Use Minimal Heat because heat damages
- Protect hair at night
- satin bonnet
- silk/satin scarf
- satin/silk pillow case
- LOVE YOUR NATURAL SELF!!!!!!!